It's long overdue. Finally, we decided to revisit and create a new video on our mighty Extreme Cold Weather Tent ECWT ECWS North Face Tent. Take a look at the ECWT tent and features with tent setup, rainfly, tent interior and more.
This tent was manufactured by The North Face® for use by combat troops in extreme cold and other weather conditions.
The expedition quality construction is geared toward extreme weather conditions and meets the military's requirements that the tent is operable from -25 degrees F to 125 degrees F, and withstand 65 MPH wind gusts as well as repel wind-driven rain at 2" per hour with 20 MPH wind.
The required snow load capability is a minimum of 4 pounds per sq. ft. North Face says that properly staked, these tents can withstand a 107 mph (mile per hour) gale.
North Face® has been a part of nearly every important extreme adventure and expedition since its founding in 1969, due to its superior technology which results from cutting-edge research, design, and development.
The Extreme Cold Weather System (ECWS) is a multi-soldier, four-season, tensioned-pole-supported (freestanding) shelter with 64 square feet of floor space and an interior height of 5’ 1”.
The main tent body has integrated pole sleeves and is geo-dome shaped. In the mission transport configuration (tent body, fly and poles) the tent weight is less than 21.5 pounds and the transport cube is less than 1.6 cubic feet.
There are two full-size weather flys with vestibules, one Woodland Camouflage fly and the other an Arctic fly, typically they are both blackout coated on their underside to prevent flashlights used inside the tent from being seen outside of the tent.
The outer skin is of durable, fire-resistant ripstop nylon. Double-stitched, bonded seams to insure complete moisture protection. Heavy-duty nylon rust-proof YKK zippers. Full-size zippered door and most with an extreme-cold entrance and cooking/stove holes that cinch shut when not needed. A full floor is completely waterproof. Lightweight, multi-sectioned, shock-cord interconnected, Easton 7075-T9 aluminum alloy poles, as specified and required by the U.S. Army and United States Marine Corps for all portable shelters.
Easton poles support expeditions around the world, being the pole of choice when tent success or failure may mean the difference between a life or death outcome.
Gear We're Using (Amazon Affiliate)
- The North Face ECWT Extreme Cold Weather Tent: https://ebay.to/2PoFkVe
- Extreme Cold Weather Tent: https://ebay.to/2kqItp5
- Shemagh: https://amzn.to/31Eowe9
- USMC FILBE Main Pack: https://ebay.to/33khUTX
- FILBE Hydration System: https://amzn.to/2MrlFmn or https://ebay.to/316MrUk
- Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set: https://amzn.to/31DloQ0
- Sawyer Mini water filter: https://amzn.to/2MrUWpD
- 5 Quart Collapsible Canteen: https://ebay.to/31CqRHq
- USMC Assault Pack: https://ebay.to/2MUe7J1
- Coyote Brown Paracord: https://amzn.to/2WNJV1K
- Boonie Hat, Multi-cam: https://amzn.to/2WRDw5E
- Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock: https://amzn.to/2Zxdg26
- USMC Improved Bivy Cover (IBC): https://amzn.to/2EgoFwd
- Military Sleeping pad: https://amzn.to/2ZAejPF
- Low Sodium MRE: https://amzn.to/2DDU4Y1
- Western Frontier MRE: https://amzn.to/2ZLPRLi
- MRE 6 Pack: https://amzn.to/2GUKCSp
- Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro Hammock: https://amzn.to/2WkJ4GF
- Aqua Quest Defender 10x10 Tarp: https://amzn.to/2UjW29K
- USMC 3 Season Sleep System: http://ebay.to/2JZR4Ld
- Husqvarna 26" Wooden Multi-Purpose Axe: https://amzn.to/2WnD7s4
- BK-16 Knife: https://amzn.to/2CBWbLr
- Etek City Camping Stove: https://amzn.to/2U9McHm
- Viet Nam Poncho: https://ebay.to/2TBdja8
- Poncho Liner: https://amzn.to/2U9hCgR
- USMC 2 Man Combat Tent: https://ebay.to/2Aq4d9S
- 6" Ferro Rod: https://amzn.to/2H5FESi
- TCOP Eureka one person combat tent: https://ebay.to/2WTllOd
- USMC MAC SACK waterproof bag: https://ebay.to/2OLGNol
- Main Seal Line waterproof bag: https://amzn.to/2Z0zLvW